Meek Mill features Justin Timberlake and More in Singles

“Believe”  – Meek Mill featuring Justin Timberlake

Coming off the heels of a very public and uncomfortable Twitter feud with fellow rapper and ex-girlfriend Nicki Minaj, in which both threw out some very intense accusations, rapper Meek Mill has dropped “Believe,” teaming up with pop star Justin Timberlake to release a song that Meek said in an Instagram post was created “for motivational purposes only.” The song is a classic rapper-meets-pop star collaboration, featuring two verses littered with uplifting content from Meek, as well as a chorus by Timberlake in which he insists that he does, in fact, believe in you. While the song may motivate, it is nowhere near one of Meek’s finest songs—most will still turn to hits like “Dreams and Nightmares” and “Lord Knows” for a burst of motivation.

“Know Your Worth” – Khalid and Disclosure

A year after the duo released undisputed hit “Talk,” a song lamenting the lack of communication between lovers, Khalid and Disclosure return with “Know Your Worth,” the second single from Khalid this year. The song is laced with platitudes as Khalid preaches positivity over bouncy electro-R&B production. People often critique Khalid for making songs that don’t branch out of the range of generic pop, and this song won’t do much to change that narrative.

“Broke in a Minute” – Tory Lanez

The latest single from Tory Lanez, “Broke in a Minute,” is a pure flex song. There’s really nothing more to it than that. Over the two-minute run time, Lanez waxes poetic on just how rich he is, hammering home the fact that he really hasn’t been “Broke in a Minute.” It is by no means Lanez’s best song, but it is a fun one—there’s something nice about a rapper taking time to simply enjoy how far he’s come without having to dig into how he got there. If Tory just wants to talk about his ice and his bands, good for him.

Featured Image by Atlantic Records