iEdit: The Music Between Lonnquist’s Beats Headphones

Anna Lonnquist has truly solidified her role as “the girl who wears Beats headphones at Bapst for seven hours and won’t hear you unless you’re speaking so loudly you’ll probably get kicked out of Bapst.” The moment those Beats headphones come on is the same moment any and all conversation is halted. For seven months now, I’ve sat beside Anna as she writes an entire essay in one sitting and thought, “What could she be listening to that makes her SO productive?” My first guess surely wasn’t this. 

We start off with “BEST INTEREST,” a Tyler the Creator song that again reminds me that Anna is actually trendy, but doesn’t feel the need to rub it in. The moment you start getting into it, however, the vibes quickly (and really un-seamlessly, sorry Anna) change to “Take a Bow” by Rihanna. From there, it’s a swift (and needed) transition by to “Keep It Gold” by Surfaces, which makes you question why Anna is listening to summer beach tunes in February in Edina, Minnesota. 

After that, it’s a classic “Sir Duke” from Stevie Wonder, which is (what I thought was) on par with Anna’s music taste. From there, it’s “Cranes in the Sky” by Solange,“TINTS” by Anderson .Paak, and “#GETITRIGHT” by Miley Cyrus. And finally, finally, when you think this rollercoaster of Anna’s music taste is over, she tosses in “Hotel Room Service” by Pitbull, which, like many of Anna’s late night side comments, has you asking “Where did that come from?!”  

Featured Image by Spotify