Power Outage Temporarily Affects Some BC Buildings
News, On Campus, Featured Story

The failure of an Eversource electrical feed caused several buildings at Boston College to temporarily lose power on Sunday night from shortly before 6 p.m. to just after 8:30 p.m, according to Associate Vice President of Facilities Services Robert Avalle.

Avalle confirmed that Rubenstein Hall, Ignacio Hall, Robsham Theater, the Commonwealth Ave. Garage, O’Neill Library, Higgins Hall, and Devlin Hall lost power.

“BC Facilities, Police, ITS, Residence Life and other staffs responded and Facilities staff established contact with Eversource,” Avalle wrote in an email to The Heights. “Eversource identified the problem and was able to restore power just after 830pm and will be inspecting and repairing the fault today.”

Edward Cullinane, the resident director on call on Sunday night, sent an email to residents of Rubenstein and Igancio halls about the outage, informing them that electricians were on site working to resolve the issue. 

Emergency lighting is functioning and RAs are currently stationed at the main entrances to grant residents access to the buildings,” Cullinane wrote. “Your individual residence hall room doors work with a battery-operated wifi lock, and should function as normal.”

The elevators in each building remained functioning, but Cullinane advised students to avoid using them during the power outage.