Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week of Nov. 9
Opinions, TU/TD

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week of Nov. 9

Thumbs Up: 

• Election Results: 
    • Regardless of who you voted for, we can all agree that this five day election-marathon was emotionally exhausting. The back and forth between multiple news sources made for an extremely stressful election and constant tab-refreshing. Final election results mean we can officially say goodbye to this century-long week in which every email started with, “In these trying times.” 
  • Magic Map Man 
    • CNN’s John King, or as he’s more commonly known, Magic Map Man, has taken on superman status throughout his week-long all-star run. Magic Map Man was the North Star that guided voters through the murky night of an election by zooming in and zooming out of every county in America. Long live Magic Map Man. 

Thumbs Down: 

• Political Polarization 
  •  Misinformation 
    • Part of what made this election so grueling was the increasing lack of integrity when it came to reporting and sharing information in the media. This misinformation came from all directions including former president Trump himself. Although it’s difficult to avoid misleading news and statements, especially when they’re coming from the top-down, here’s Newsguard’s list of sites to avoid. 

Featured image by Allyson Mozeliak / Heights Editor