Sports, Football

BC Lands Four-Star Recruit Drew Kendall

Days into the early signing period, Boston College football has added one of its biggest commits thus far. Drew Kendall, the top-ranked player in Massachusetts in the class of 2021 and the eighth-ranked offensive guard in the nation, committed to BC on Friday.  

“There is a reason Drew is ranked the top player in the state of Massachusetts,” BC head coach Jeff Hafley said in a release. “He is smart, tough, talented, and his potential is through the roof. Drew will be a force in the ACC and college football.”

Kendall decided on BC after a tumultuous recruiting process. 

Prior to his commitment, Kendall entertained offers from Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, Duke, and Virginia, among others, but the four-star offensive lineman narrowed down his options to BC and Stanford, according to 247Sports. He paid a visit to Stanford in October, but ultimately decided on the school closer to home. 

The Dedham, Mass. native is a BC legacy, as his father Pete Kendall also played football for the Eagles and later went on to be a first round pick in the 1996 NFL Draft. 

A 6-foot-4, 260 pound commit, Kendall will fit in nicely with the BC offensive line, which was ranked 21st nationally as of early December. 

“Drew is a quick twitch athlete that plays with great intensity and physicality,” BC offensive line coach Matt Applebaum said in the release. “His high football IQ and strong fundamentals give him a platform to launch his college career.”

Kendall, the Eagles’ second four-star signee of the year, currently plays alongside fellow 2021 BC signee Casey Phinney at Noble and Greenough School in Dedham. 

Kendall’s signing further elevates an already impressive 2021 recruiting class for the Eagles. The group jumped to 32nd nationally earlier this week, according to 247Sports, a seven-spot increase from its ranking prior to signing day. With its increased ranking, the 2021 commits have tied the program record for highest-ranked recruiting class.

Featured Image by Matt Gentry / The Roanoke Times via ACC Media