Boston College Kicks Off the Spring Semester by Expanding Dining Options

Boston College Dining Services is ready to expand their campus locations and food options for the spring semester, according to Beth Emery, director of BC Dining.

This spring, students should expect the three main dining halls—Stuart Dining Hall, McElroy Commons, and Lower—to remain open for in-person dining, with Addie’s, Eagle’s Nest, Hillside Cafe, and Legal Grounds offerings available through the GET Mobile app.

Although fast-paced serving and social-distancing protocols decreased the more personalized options in the dining halls during the fall semester, BC Dining is planning to expand opportunities for students to customize their dishes this semester, Emery wrote in an email to The Heights

“We are providing more opportunities for students to customize their dishes such as bibimbap, holy grain, burgers and plate-based options at the three main dining locations,” Emery wrote.

This semester students should expect to see a larger variety of food across campus, Emery said, where the three main dining locations will each have distinct menus. 

Lower will be serving pizza at lunch, Stuart will now offer an omelet station at breakfast, and McElroy will introduce the Chestnut Hill Grill at lunch and dinner, where it will serve burgers and grilled chicken. 

“We plan to open Late Night the week of Feb. 15 … ,” Emery said “[And] we hope to open the Market at Corcoran in early March to offer Starbucks, grab-and-go [options], and grocery items.” 

Emery said that BC Dining is also looking forward to continuing their New York-style pizza delivery program, which garnered positive feedback from students after its initial trial run following Thanksgiving Break. Students can access this program on Wednesdays and Thursdays via the GET Mobile app. 

Eagle’s Nest is now offering a new customizable deli station through GET Mobile as of Tuesday, and Addie’s will also be open on the weekends from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for coffee, egg bites, and breakfast burritos. 

The GET Mobile app will also be offering Super Bowl Sunday meals courtesy of the Undergraduate Government of BC that can be ordered through Friday, Feb. 5. Students can pick up a variety of flavored wings, mozzarella sticks, pretzel bites, and flatbread pizzas to enjoy while watching the game. 

Additionally, BC Dining will also be offering more eco-friendly alternatives this semester. 

“We are excited to offer the Green2Go reusable container at our three main dining locations to decrease waste and encourage students to give it a try,” Emery wrote.

Although students have these additions to anticipate, BC Dining does not plan on opening the Chocolate Bar due to a lack of student staffing, though they are considering adding specialty bakery items to the CoRo Cafe menu. 

Featured Image by Ikram Ali / Heights Editor