Sports, Hockey, Men's Hockey

BC Hockey Adds Two Grad Transfers from Bowling Green State

Bowling Green State graduate transfers Brandon Kruse and Eric Dop have officially joined Boston College hockey for next season. Kruse, a forward, and Dop, a goaltender, both join a BC team lacking experience after the Eagles’ loss of five veteran players: Matt Boldy, Mike Hardman, Spencer Knight, Alex Newhook, and Michael Karow. Freshman Tim Lovell has also reportedly entered the transfer portal

As a super senior in the 2020-21 season, Kruse was named to the All-WCHA First Team. He finished his career at Bowling Green State with 142 points on 38 goals and 104 assists. The Vegas Golden Knights drafted Kruse in the fifth round of the 2018 NHL Draft at No. 135 overall. 

“It’s hard to put into words how much Bowling Green means to me,” Kruse said in a statement on Twitter. “I will always cherish the memories I have made over the last 4 years at BGSU. I am forever a falcon. With that being said, I am very excited to announce my commitment, as a graduate transfer, to Boston College!”

Dop has been a consistent starter for the Falcons over the last two years. During the 2020-21 season, he finished with a 2.16 goals-against average and 13-8-1 record. He finished his career with eight career shutouts, good for second all-time in Bowling Green State history. His .913 career save percentage is the fourth-best in program history.

Bowling Green State finished this season with a 20-10-1 record. The Falcons dropped from the WCHA Tournament with a loss to underdog Northern Michigan in the quarterfinals. 

ESPN’s John Buccigross first reported the news on Twitter on Saturday, and BC hockey confirmed the transfers on Wednesday.

Buccigross also reported that Colorado College forward Grant Cruikshank will also join the Eagles next season as a transfer, but Cruikshank announced on Twitter that he is still undecided on his destination. 

Featured Image by Jess Rivilis / Heights Senior Staff