Opinions, TU/TD

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week of Sept. 20

Thumbs Up

• The birds outside Lower
    • The discarded food crumbs cluttering the tables outside of Lower attract a wholesome crowd of birds who also visit Lower to dine. Most of the time they keep their distance from dining students, but a few inch closer for crumbs of a blueberry muffin or leftover everything bagel seeds. However silly it may seem, the birds’ charades are a daily ritual that serve as a reminder to enjoy the little things. 
  • The Met Gala
    • The Met Gala is a prime opportunity to play one of the most entertaining games of all time: WHAT is that celebrity wearing?! Usually ridiculous outfits that go viral on Twitter only hit the stream about twice a month. But, the Met Gala is the jackpot for the ridiculous, the gorgeous, and everything in between. 

Thumbs Down

• Desk chairs
    • The Boston College Residential Life-issued chairs are a one-way ticket to long-term back problems. In fact, the chairs should also come with a free chiropractic consultation. Overall, the BC-issued chairs score lower on the comfort scale than the Mod picnic tables that leave grill marks on your legs. 
  • Slow Brita filters
    • Some Britas are faster than others, and for those cursed with a particularly slow Brita, this struggle hits close to home. Faucets have leaked faster than some Britas filter. Whether the speed of the filtration process has any correlation to the Brita’s quality is yet to be determined, but one thing’s for sure: it’s infuriating. For anyone looking for an alternative, yet equally mundane activity, give watching paint dry a try!