Scene: Star Wars

Update Dec. 18, 2015, 3:02 p.m.: Here’s a spoiler-free review of ‘The Force Awakens.’

There’s a little movie that comes out Friday, Dec. 18. It’s the seventh in a series called Star Wars.

A New Hope came out in 1977. Thirty-eight years later, Star Wars and all that comes with it—“No, I am your father,” your brother stabbing you with a plastic lightsaber, toys, lots of toys—will come back into our lives in an awakening of sorts. It’ll feel new and exciting, but still comfortingly familiar.

Most of what can be said about The Force Awakens remains guesswork, and there’s been a lot of that the last few months. Is Jar Jar Binks behind it all? Who is Rey’s mother? Can Finn talk? Will Harrison Ford finally get his wish—will they kill Han Solo off? And it’s been fun, and so has Battlefront. Star Wars has been an odd presence throughout our year, like a giant space station on the horizon. Well, in a week’s time that space station will be fully operational, and we’ll feed it with money, but it’ll be awesome. But for now, during what might feel like the longest week of your life, we’ve taken account of what’s made Star Wars great.

.

.

lightsaber_maul1
 .

.

.

[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-third” position=”first”]

NEW

HoPE

new hope_2

[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-third”]

EMPiRE STRiKES

BACK

empire strikes back

[/wc_column][wc_column size=”one-third” position=”last”]

Return of

the Jedi

return of the jedi

[/wc_column][/wc_row]

.

lightsaber_maul1

.

…

Check out our other columns before seeing The Force Awakens next week. May the Force be with you.

[ess_grid alias=”scene-star-wars-2015″]