Opinions

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week Of May 3

Thumbs Up  Comfort Water Bottle Young children often have a special stuffed animal or blanket that they take with them everywhere they go. College students also have a comfort item: a reusable water bottle. Whether it’s a Hydro Flask, S’well, YETI, or a coveted UGBC collectable, reusable water bottles are always there, no matter how...
Opinions

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week Of April 26

Thumbs Up:  Earth Day Thursday was the 51st annual Earth Day since 1970. President Joe Biden hosted the Leaders Summit on Climate on Thursday and Friday in order to discuss the urgency and benefits of strong climate action. We only have one Earth—there is no planet B—so taking action and taking care are huge thumbs...
Opinions

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week Of April 19

Thumbs Up:  Erasable Highlighters Pilot makes erasable writing tools, including the god-tier of erasable highlighters. They don’t smudge, they don’t bleed through textbook pages, and they’re completely erasable.  Covid-19 Vaccines April 19 is finally here, which means that Covid-19 vaccinations are available for everyone 16 and older in Massachusetts. Pre-register for an appointment at mass.gov...
Opinions

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week Of April 12

Thumbs Up:  Families on campus Seeing families on campus together is a wholesome reminder of home. Seeing high school students awkwardly take photos in front of Gasson is a throwback to college-visiting days and normalcy. Attending classes and being comfortable on campus is a part of Boston College students’ everyday lives, but every current student...
Opinions

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week Of April 5

Thumbs Up:  Reese’s Easter Peanut Butter Eggs Chocolate is always a thumbs up, and Reese’s Easter eggs are no exception. While year-round regular Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups suffice, they simply do not live up to the confectionary magic that is the Reese’s Easter egg. The peanut butter-chocolate ratio is perfected in this seasonal delicacy.  No...
1 2 3 31