Opinions

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week of Nov. 16

Thumbs Up Celebrating Thanksgiving safely Thanksgiving won’t look the same for anyone this year, but that doesn’t mean we have to lose the spirit of the holiday! Have dinner with your roommates if you’re staying on campus or have a family Zoom hangout. Your grandparents may struggle with technology, but it’s better than giving them...
Opinions

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week of Nov. 9

Thumbs Up: Election Results: Regardless of who you voted for, we can all agree that this five day election-marathon was emotionally exhausting. The back and forth between multiple news sources made for an extremely stressful election and constant tab-refreshing. Final election results mean we can officially say goodbye to this century-long week in which every email started with, “In these trying times.”
Opinions

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Please Vote!

Thumbs Up: Voting! We cannot stress this enough: Please vote! Your voice matters, and this may be one of the most important elections in our lifetime. If you can vote, then it is your civic responsibility to do so. If you’re voting in-person on election day in Massachusetts, polls open anywhere from 5:45 am to 7 am and close at 8 pm. 
Opinions

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: 10/20

Thumbs Down: People Who Don’t Like Candy Corn This thumbs down is kind of a double negative—apologies to our copy team. That being said, candy corn is literally honey-flavored nostalgia. Anyone who doesn’t like it clearly just didn’t have the proper amount of Halloween cheer as a kid. For 21+ readers, try soaking candy corn in vodka and then adding pineapple juice or club soda. You’re welcome.
Opinions

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Oct. 13

Thumbs Up: Flies. Flies everywhere are really having a moment. From the national debate stage to…the national debate stage. Five years ago, could you ever have imagined that the one thing you would take away from a vice presidential debate would be that a fly landed on Mike Pence’s hair? #flygate
1 2 3 29
RECENT COMMENTS