Arts

Scene And Heard: February 20, 2014

1. Triple Threat

After back-to-back editions with Kate Upton on the cover, the 2014 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue features not just one, but three cover girls: Nina Agdal, Lily Aldridge, and Chrissy Teigen. Teigen, who is married to R&B singer John Legend, made her Swimsuit Issue debut in 2010, but this is her first cover. It’s the rookie year for Aldridge, a Victoria’s Secret model, while Agdal made her SI debut in 2012.

2. Fallon Fills In
After taking over for Jay Leno, Jimmy Fallon has become the new face for The Tonight Show. Fallon had been the star of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and his highly rated viewership granted him the seat on one of the world’s greatest stages. The show has moved its location from Los Angeles to New York in order to match its setting to Fallon’s character.

3. Kyrie Irving Wins MVP
On Sunday night, the East beat the West 163-to-155 in the NBA All-Star game, making it the highest scoring game in All-Star history. Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving, who finished with 31 points and 14 assists, closed the game out strong and took home the game’s MVP Award. At 21, he’s the youngest player to have been granted the honor.

4. Just Married
The gossip may be true-about former Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester, that is. Reports say that Meester and Adam Brody of The O.C. fame were recently married in a secret wedding ceremony, less than three months after they announced their engagement. Brody was photographed with a gold ring on his left hand at LAX over the weekend, so it looks like this marriage was one secret Meester couldn’t keep.

5. Neeson Takes BC
Taken actor Liam Neeson visited Boston College on Tuesday so his son, Michael, could see the university. Led by a student tour leader, Neeson and Michael trekked through the snowy campus, attracting a great deal of attention and becoming the subject of a number of clever tweets and status updates. Neeson, following Kobe Bryant, is the second celebrity to make a surprise visit to BC this year.