Sports, Spring

ROUNDUP: Swim Sets Records At ACCs

The women’s swimming team competed in the ACC Championship meet this weekend in Greensboro, N.C. The highlight of the meet for the Eagles was a new school record in the 200 yard medley relay. Madeline Mailliard, Samantha Couillard, Jordan Parry, and Maureen Barron teamed up on the relay to produce the Boston College best time of 1:46.09. Junior Allie Manning had a big meet for the Eagles, setting three personal bests over the weekend. The team finished in 11th place overall for the meet with 132 points.

The women’s tennis team traveled to University of North Carolina on Friday to take on the Tar Heels. The Eagles dropped the close-fought match by a score of 6-1. Sophomore Katya Vasilyev led the way for BC, winning her No. 3 singles match.
The BC women’s golf team struggled to a second-to-last place finish (14th) in the Jim West Tournament, despite the strong play of junior Katie Joo. Joo posted a score of 235, +22, which was good for 30th out the 79 players in the field. The team as a whole registered a score of 968, +116 in three rounds at the Bandit, a par-71, 6,178-yard course.
The Eagles also received strong performances from freshman Christina Wang (239, +26) and junior Cristina McQuiston (240, +27), who finished second and third, respectively. The Eagles’ scoring effort was rounded out by sophomore Regan Simeone (256, +43) and freshman Lelesse Mocio (272, +59).
The Eagles will look to avenge their tough weekend in Texas by bouncing back in the Kiawah Island Classic in South Carolina from Mar. 2-4.

Scott Hill also contributed to this story.