BC Senior Kelly Gordon Killed In NYC Taxi Accident

On Friday morning, the Boston College Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs notified students via email of the death of Kelly Gordon, CSOM ’14.

“It is with sadness that I inform you that Boston College senior Kelly Gordon, of Brielle, New Jersey, was killed yesterday in New York City after being struck by a motor vehicle,” said Barbara Jones, Vice President for Student Affairs, in an email sent at 11:45 a.m.

Gordon, who was studying marketing and finance in CSOM, was visiting New York City to attend job interviews. According to police, she was fatally struck by a taxicab while crossing a street in Manhattan. Gordon’s sister was with her at the time of the accident.

“This morning, members of our Campus Ministry staff alerted her roommates and close friends about this tragedy,” Jones said. “I ask all of you to keep Kelly and her family in your thoughts and prayers and to support each other during this difficult time. Please know that counselors are available for students at University Counseling Services in Gasson Hall, and that all Masses on campus this weekend will be offered for Kelly and her family.”

According to the Office of the VPSA, further information on Gordon’s funeral and memorial services will be posted at www.bc.edu/bcinfo when it becomes available.