Goulding is ‘Still Falling for You,’ Florence + The Machine ‘Wish That You Were Here,’ and More in Singles This Week

Florence + The Machine, “Wish That You Were Here”

4

Though its title is by no means original, Florence + The Machine’s “Wish That You Were Here,” fresh off of the Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children soundtrack, fits in perfectly with the supernatural tone of the film. The beautiful vocals are paired with fantastical instrumentation, without one overpowering the other.

Ellie Goulding, “Still Falling for You” from Bridget Jones’s Baby Soundtrack

3

Coming from the new Bridget Jones film, this catchy tune seems to be the same song fans of Ellie Goulding are used to hearing. But hey, why fix the formula that has been proven to make hits? The upbeat track is sure to be a fan-favorite with its fast paced lyrics and airy synth beat.

Usher, Rubén Blades, “Champions” from Hands of Stone Soundtrack

4

Usher’s latest anthem, “Champions,” can be heard in the new boxing biographical film, Hands of Stone. The song effortlessly melds together Spanish and English, reflecting the main character’s mixed American and Panamanian heritage to make a dynamic change from Usher’s typical crowd-pleaser songs.

Featured Image By Island Records

August 31, 2016