University Secretary Devino to Depart BC
News, On Campus, Top Story, Administration

University Secretary Rev. Terrence Devino, S.J., will depart Boston College this summer to return to work in spiritual ministry, the University announced on Tuesday. Devino, who worked at BC from 1998 to 2001 before returning in 2010, is special assistant to the president and the director of Manresa House. He was named a vice president in 2012.

Devino will become the retreat director at the Eastern Point Retreat House in Gloucester, Mass. In 1987, he told University Communications, he went on “the first of many” retreats there. As a Jesuit novice, his provincial told him he would be engaged in “the foundational ministry of the Society of Jesus.”

“And that is at the heart of my decision, to leave a remarkable place, people and ministry at BC and engage myself in this first work of the Jesuits,” he told University Communications. “I am looking forward to this new phase of my journey.”

Connor was the 2018 editor-in-chief of The Heights. He was the news editor for 2017, and the copy editor for 2016. You can follow him on Twitter @murphheights

June 21, 2017