Taylor Swift, Sam Smith, and Haylee Steinfeld in Singles This Week

“….Ready For It?” by Taylor Swift

The newest single from Taylor Swift’s upcoming album Reputation has many Swift fans asking if they’re…ready for it? This single, in addition to “Look What You Made Me Do,” have been receiving both positive and negative feedback from fans as Swift tries on a new style.

The singer-songwriter’s new music is daring and courageous and is different from what we’re used to hearing. Swift has reinvented herself a few times during her career, but this may be one of the most drastic transformations the singer has ever undergone. In Swift’s first release from her upcoming album, “Look What You Made Me Do,” Swift says the old Taylor is dead. What she meant by this is still a question fans are eagerly awaiting the answer to.  The singer is famous for her hidden messages.

Swift comes on the scene unapologetic in this song. Brash and bold, the singer comes at it without looking for permission. She is powerful and is in complete control of the decisions she makes and what’s ahead of her. Her half-speaking, half-rapping style accompanied by a strong beat and background music makes this a really powerful single.  She also shows a daring and playful with her lyrics, “Me, I was a robber/ First time that he saw me / Stealing hearts and running off and never saying sorry.” This seems to be a far cry from the Taylor we all knew who sang “Teardrops on My Guitar.” This new Taylor is someone we should be keeping our eyes on. She’s sure to keep surprising us.

“Too Good at Goodbyes” by Sam Smith

Academy Award-winner Sam Smith wows audiences again with his newest hit, “Too Good at Goodbyes.” His powerful voice has captured the hearts of millions and will leave them heartbroken as his voice quivers over the line about heartbreak, “’Cause every time I open up, it hurts.” All of the background music and voices meld beautifully in this longing single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX8-YzMKZhQ

“Let Me Go” by Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso ft. Florida Georgia Line and watt

In a catchy and heartfelt tune, Hailee Steinfeld and Alesso team up with Florida Georgia Line and watt to put together “Let Me Go.” Alesso’s work on the back track and drop pair well with the lyrics and meaning of the song. The lyrics reflect that while this relationship appeared to be, “good on paper, picture perfect,” everything isn’t as good as it seems.

Featured Image By Big Machine