On this episode…
- The race for mayor of Boston between Mayor Marty Walsh and Tito Jackson, a city councilman, comes to a close today, as voters take to the polls between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- The issues facing Boston and how the candidates promise to approach them.
- Hear from metro staffer Molly Duggan, who has been reporting on the campaigns for The Heights.
Some additional background reading and watching:
- Our previous articles about the race, from a post-summer recap to the results of the preliminary election in September.
- Check out Molly Duggan’s summary of each candidate’s education policies and her experience at a recent Dorchester forum featuring the two finalists.
- The latest coverage by The Boston Globe and The Boston Herald.
- The Imagine Boston 2030 plan that has been touted by Mayor Marty Walsh.
- Read the NAACP’s grades.
- The early-October WBUR poll on the issues Bostonians find most prevalent.
- The campaign websites for each candidate: Tito Jackson and Marty Walsh.
- Full videos of the Mayoral debates, one on Oct. 11 and the other on Oct. 24.
- Greater Boston interviews with Walsh and Jackson, respectively, on their 2017 election bids.
Ways to listen…
On your computer: Click play on the embedded player above. You can also navigate to bcheights.com/eagle-eyed to see the latest episodes.
On your iPhone, iPad, or other Apple device: here’s the link. You can also search “eagle-eyed” in the iTunes Store to listen and subscribe.