What is your opinion of the college cheating scandal and do you think Boston College is involved?
Voices from the Dustbowl

In this Monday’s edition of ‘Voices from the Dustbowl,’ we asked students what their opinion of the college cheating scandal is and if they think Boston College is involved. 

“I was not shocked to hear about the college cheating scandal, I think everyone knew it was happening, but no one really thought too much about it. I am not sure if Boston College is involved, but I feel like this is the type of institution where it could happen.” – Alex Janke, MCAS ’21

“I think it’s bad that cheating is kind of seen as this thing that the guy wanted to get away with, but I would definitely say that BC isn’t free of it.” – Thomas McNulty, MCAS ’22

“I think that this case serves as a huge shock to colleges and students around the country  and I would be interested to see if Boston College has partaken in this scandal or others relating to it.” – Joe McGrane, MCAS ’22

“I don’t know the specifics of the case, but I was annoyed to hear that this scandal was hurting competitive students and that it could be going on at BC.” – Julia Natale, MCAS ’22

“When I heard about the college cheating scandal, I was shocked at the fact that such prestigious schools would be involved. At the same time, however, it does make sense. I do not believe that BC is involved.” – Kayleen Italia, CSON ’22

“Am I surprised? No. Am I disappointed? Yes. People with lots of money and not as much morality always partake in behavior like this, but I feel bad for so many students who should’ve been offered places at some of these universities, but don’t have that chance because they weren’t as rich or as willing to break the law. I don’t think BC is involved in the illegal aspects, but I’m sure people give ‘donations’ in exchange for more favorable outcomes here.” – Jason Marcin, MCAS ’22

The Heights is the independent student newspaper of Boston College.