Opinions, TU/TD

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: Week of Nov. 12

Thumbs Up:

• Hamburger Hopping
    • Whether you are an avid fan of Boston College football games or not, watching the mid-game hamburger run is sure to make your Sunday trek to Alumni Stadium worth it. Featuring four students working against each other to build two giant hamburgers, the race is exciting—and hilarious. Until it is our turn to don the human-sized hamburger bun costumes and walk onto the field, we can cheer for our classmates during their run for fame. Let’s just hope no one gets injured as gigantic lettuce, cheese, and tomato replicas are thrown on top of teammates.
  • Taylor & Travis
    • In typical fashion, we at Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down would like to give you the latest Taylor Swift update. Swift is now back on tour, having performed in Buenos Aires this past weekend. And this time, she has a travel buddy! That’s right, BC—Travis Kelce has joined Swift on tour. From her joyful smile while singing “Labyrinth” on opening night to their post-show hugs to her iconic alteration of “Karma” lyrics to say “Karma is the guy on the Chiefs,” it seems that Taylor and Travis couldn’t be happier. During the dark winter days ahead, keep their beautiful spark in mind—it is sure to bring a smile to your face.

Thumbs Down:

• Formal Fridays
    • With the end of the year fast approaching, the season of club formals is upon us. While fun in theory, formals can also bring a great deal of added stress. From finding the perfect dress to securing a date to discovering a non-freezing way to get to your formal, students can easily get overwhelmed. Here at Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, we want to remind you that your formals are supposed to be an acknowledgement of all that you have accomplished this semester. So, take a breath and try to enjoy these Friday night celebrations with your friends!
  • Cleaning Controversies
    • Living with one (or two or three or seven) other people in college can be intense. Even if you’re spared from roommate drama and opposing sets of weekend plans, something as simple as cleaning can turn controversial with so many contributing voices. From dishes piling up in the sink to one too many hair clumps working their way into the carpet, room cleaning is a necessary, but time consuming, task. With impending final projects and performances, our available time frame is looking slimmer than ever. So give your roommates grace and consider planning one big cleaning party to tidy up before the end of the semester!