Boston Food Guide 2014

While the perks of attending college near a major metropolitan area abound, one stands out in our minds, hearts, and stomachs—the food. A newcomer to Boston College is undoubtedly pleased from the outset at the proximity of Chipotle, but there is a much bigger culinary world out there, even more inspired than Boloco’s burritos. This Boston Food Guide gives you suggestions for pizza, noodles, and desserts to try in the city, but also in-depth looks at who and what breathe life into Boston’s many popular dining spots and watering holes. Though we here at The Heights love Fin’s as much as the next person, we’ve attempted to highlight places and neighborhoods that will hopefully inspire an adventure.

The South End

A bit off the beaten paths of the Back Bay, the South End’s culinary offerings await those willing to walk just a few blocks south of the Green Line.

Beacon Hill

Boston’s most historic neighborhood is home to some of the city’s best culinary gems.

Coolidge Corner

A better version of your night at Cleveland Circle, Coolidge Corner is home to some great places to eat just down the C Line.

The Seaport District

Arguably the most quickly developing neighborhood in Boston, the Seaport District has much to offer in way of food and, more importantly, beer.

Best Of Lists

With all the food that is to be had in Boston, it’s sometimes hard to pick out a new place to try, making it that much easier to stick to the places close to home. But the Heights Metro section broke down some of the best places to eat in the city by various neighborhoods and categories. Click around the map below—different colors denote different categories, as shown in the map legend below—to check out our selections. For the full list, click here.

Legend

• Fenway | Allston/Brighton | Pizza | Noodles | Vegetarian | Burger Breakfast Dessert