On Campus, Top Story

BC’s First StokesSet to Feature MisterWives

Campus Activities Board (CAB) will host MisterWives, a band known for its hit song “Reflections,” at StokesSet, CAB’s first fall concert on Stokes Lawn.

The concert will take place Sept. 17 at 5:30 p.m., and tickets go on sale for $10 on Sept. 12 at 8 a.m. through the Robsham Theater website. Students can buy one ticket per student ID.

CAB will still host Plexapalooza and Modstock this year, in addition to StokesSet. The group felt that the festival would be an entertaining way to welcome students back to campus, Kelsey Golden, director of live entertainment for CAB, said.

The Live Entertainment portion of CAB started planning StokesSet at the end of last spring.

When deciding on the concert and performer, CAB took into account their year-end survey results that over a thousand students responded to last year.

The group then worked with its music agent to find an available artist that was within CAB’s budget.

MisterWives is a six-person, indie pop group consisting of lead singer Mandy Lee, percussionist Etienne Bowler, bass guitarist William Hehir, guitarist Marc Campbell, multi-instrumentalist Jesse Blum, and saxophonist Mike Murphy.

The group, which came together in 2012, has opened for bands including Twenty One Pilots, Walk the Moon, and American Authors.

“We hope it will all be a positive experience, and we kept in mind a low ticket cost to appeal to a wider audience,” Golden said. “Aside from the artists, we think that the location will be a unique experience, one of which has never been done before.”

Featured Image courtesy of Jared Polin