Fall, Women's Soccer

Previewing 2018 Women’s Soccer: Miami

On Saturday night, BC—currently on a three-game win streak—will attempt to take down another conference foe as it heads down to the Sunshine State to take on Miami. The No. 8 Eagles (13-1, 5-1 Atlantic Coast) are coming off yet another victory over a ranked team in North Carolina State, a dominant shutout that featured goals from Sam Coffey and Olivia Vaughn. BC will look to build on its astounding resume against Miami on Saturday. The Hurricanes (5-7-2, 2-4) should present a lesser challenge, but the Eagles know that no matchup can be taken lightly.

Who is BC playing?

Miami

When is BC playing?

Saturday, Oct. 13, 7 p.m.

Where is BC playing?

Cobb Stadium, Coral Gables, Fla.

How to Watch:

The match will be available on ACC Network Extra, which can be accessed via WatchESPN.

By the numbers:

BC:

1) The Eagles have recorded victories over three nationally ranked teams this season, and they come into this week ranked eighth in the national polls.

2) Sam Coffey has four goals and four assists through six games of ACC play this season.

3) Goalkeeper Alexis Bryant is yielding a mere 0.52 goals against average in her 14 starts in net.

Miami:

1) Gudrun Haralz is the clear scoring threat, as she leads the team in goals with seven and in total points with 16.

2) Phallon Tullis-Joyce has just a .694 save percentage on the year. However, she has recorded two shutouts.

3) Kristina Fisher has taken 38 shots (13 on goal) and has converted just one.

Last Meeting:

In 2017, BC came out on top with a 3-1 victory on the road. Goals were scored by Coffey, Carly Leipzig, and Lauren Berman, respectively. While Miami struck first on a Kristen Fisher penalty kick, the Eagles came back minutes later with Coffey’s goal off a corner kick and never looked back. The Eagles’ offense was relentless with 13 shots on goal and dropped the Hurricanes to 0-5 in ACC competition.

Outlook:

Miami is catching BC at a very bad time, as the Eagles have been especially hot of late. The dominant offensive tandem of Coffey and Vaughn should present problems for Tullis-Joyce throughout the game. On the surface, it looks as if BC will create fits for a Miami team that has yet to find its way. As long as the Eagles show up focused and ready to play, they could be poised to pick up another three points in the ACC standings.

Featured Image by Jess Rivilis / Heights Staff