Metro, Business, Boston

Dispensary to Open in Brookline Village Saturday

A recreational marijuana dispensary will open in Brookline Village on Saturday, March 23. New England Treatment Access (NETA) is already open as a medical dispensary but was given the go ahead to commence recreational operations by the Cannabis Control Commission on Friday.

This dispensary will be the first to open near a T stop, as it’s in a building steps away from the Brookline Village stop on the D line. It will also be the recreational dispensary closest to Boston.

“We want to thank the Brookline Select Board and the Cannabis Control Commission for the confidence they have shown in our organization,” said Amanda Rositano, NETA’s director of operational compliance, in a statement as reported by Patch, among other news outlets.. “We also want to thank the community of Brookline, the Police Chief, and the public safety and town departments for the support they have provided over these past months of preparation.”

The shop will open at 9 a.m. on Saturday and will not require customers to make an appointment beforehand, according to the Boston Globe. NETA has an online app through which customers can order ahead of time. NETA has put up instructions for getting to its store via the T on its website.

Its transportation guide says that NETA is near a T stop, a bus stop, is accessible by bike, and is near two BLUEbikes stops, which is Boston’s bike share program. The guide also points to areas where customers can park their cars for a fee.

NETA already has a recreational location open in Northampton.

“We consider our medical programs in Brookline and Northampton to be models for operators across the country and are pleased to offer the highest quality products and services,” Rositano said in the statement. “Built upon this legacy, our Northampton dispensary was the first in the state to register a sale of adult-use cannabis. Our commitment to excellence will be our guide as we serve our patients and customers in the years ahead.”

NETA’s website says it will have extended hours beginning on Saturday. The shop will be open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

Jonathan Ye / Heights Editor