Alexander Urtula, MCAS ’19, Dies Monday Morning

UPDATE: Boston College student Inyoung You sent hundreds of text to Alexander Urtula urging him to end his life in the two months leading up to his death the morning of Commencement.

Alexander Urtula, MCAS ’19, died Monday morning, according to an email from Boston College Interim Vice President of Student Affairs Joy Moore.

“Alexander was a gifted student who was involved in many activities while at BC, including the Philippine Society of Boston College,” Moore said in the email.

Urtula, a biology major who lived in Cedar Grove, N.J., graduated in December and was working as a researcher in a New York hospital, according to Moore. She said that he was planning to attend Commencement on Monday.

“While today is a day for celebration, we ask you to take a moment to remember Alexander, his family, and friends in your prayers during this most difficult time,” Moore said in the email.

Moore also noted that University Counseling Services and Resident Ministers are available to students in need of support.

Featured Image by Celine Lim / Heights Editor