Fall, Football, Sports

Zay Flowers Part of Investigation For Alleged Domestic Assault, Suspect Not Yet Named

Former Boston College wide receiver Zay Flowers is involved in a Baltimore County Police Department investigation related to an alleged domestic assault incident, according to the Baltimore Banner.

The alleged assault was reported to have taken place on Jan. 21 in the Owings Mills, Md. area, and Flowers’ involvement in the incident is yet to be determined. Flowers has not been charged with a crime at this time.

“The contributing factors surrounding this case are still being determined, a suspect has not been named at this time,” a Baltimore County Police Department spokesperson told FOX45 News on Thursday.

A police department in Acton, Mass. is also involved in the investigation, having received a domestic violence incident report last month regarding an incident in Baltimore County involving Flowers, according to the Baltimore Banner.

The Baltimore Ravens, who drafted Flowers out of BC with the 22nd pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, responded to the reports on Thursday afternoon.

“We are aware of the report regarding Zay Flowers,” a Ravens spokesperson said in a statement to FOX45 News. “We take these matters seriously and will have no further comment at this time.” 

Flowers, a Fort Lauderdale, Fla. native, spent four seasons on the Heights from 2019–22, recording 3,056 yards and 31 touchdowns in 48 games played. Flowers just completed his rookie season in the NFL as a wide receiver for the Ravens, in which his 77 catches for 858 yards—both franchise records for a rookie—and five touchdowns helped guide the Ravens to an AFC North title.