Sammy Barnes-Thompkins to Transfer, Per Reports
Men's Basketball

After a tumultuous season, Boston College basketball is losing another one of its freshmen. Sammy Barnes-Thompkins, a shooting guard from Phoenix, Ariz., is transferring, according to Adam Zagoria of SportsNet New York. Zagoria stated in a tweet that Barnes-Thompkins’ father told him the news. Neither his son nor the program have confirmed the transfer.

Barnes-Thompkins put up a solid freshman campaign despite the Eagles’ now-infamous 0-19 conference record this season. He averaged 5.5 points and 1.6 rebounds per game. Barnes-Thompkins is the third underclassman to depart the program in the past few months. In April, fellow freshman guard Matt Milon announced his departure, choosing The College of William and Mary in May. Redshirt freshman center Idy Diallo also left and will be headed to the University of California, Riverside.

Following the graduation of Eli Carter and Steve Perpiglia, the only guards left on the BC men’s basketball roster are freshman sensation Jerome Robinson and redshirt junior Darryl Hicks. The Eagles will also have a few incoming freshmen who can play the position in Ty Graves and Kyran Bowman.

Featured Image by Alec Greaney / Heights Editor

June 22, 2016