Arts, Off Campus

Alice in Chains, Jim Gaffigan, and A Cappella Fest This Weekend in the Arts

A Cappella Fest

(Friday at 7 p.m.)

Hosted by the BC Acoustics, this annual music event invites a handful of a cappella groups on campus to sing covers of hit songs and classic tracks. Like previous years, all proceeds will support the Morgan Center.

Alice In Chains

(Friday at 7 p.m.)

This American rock band is set to play at the House of Blues this weekend. Grab your tickets now to hear the band sing hits off of its recent album, entitled The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.

Eli Young Band

(Thursday at 6:30 p.m.)

City Hall Plaza will be packed with country music lovers this week during the band’s visit to Beantown. The Eli Young Band will bring its blended country-folk sound to the city of Boston.

Jim Gaffigan

(Thursday at 7:15 p.m.)

The stand-up comedian will take over Boston’s Wilbur Theatre this weekend, bringing with him his signature sense of humor and hilarious, original content.

Propaganda and the Great War

(September 2016)

The Boston College history department offers an in-depth perspective on the ways in which propaganda worked to market the war to young recruits. Located on the third floor of Stokes Hall, this exhibit separates stark reality from exaggerated marketing tactics.

‘Snowden’

(Opens Friday)

Based on real events in the life of former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, this drama-thriller explores the dramatic scandal that made Snowden a traitor to some and a hero to others.

StokesSet: MisterWives

(Saturday at 5:30 p.m.)

Head to Stokes Lawn this weekend and experience CAB’s first fall concert, featuring indie-pop group MisterWives. The band will play hits like “Reflections” and “Our Own House” at this first annual music event.

Young The Giant

(Sunday at 7 p.m.)

The House of Blues will play host this weekend to California-bred rock band Young The Giant. The group will entertain fans with hits off its newest LP, Home of the Strange.

Featured Image By Capitol Records