‘Eagle-Eyed’: Boston’s ‘Free Speech Rally’ and BC’s DSA
News, Podcast

For the first episode of Eagle-Eyed, we took a look back at one of the most significant events in Boston this summer: the ‘Free Speech Rally.’

On this episode…

• A look at Boston’s ‘Free Speech Rally,’ which drew tens of thousands of counter-protesters in a march to ‘Fight Supremacy!’ What it was like to be part of the crowd at the Common.
  • Josh Behrens, a Boston College student who helped organize a group to attend the march, describes his experience of the day, and the Democratic Socialists of America club he has been growing at BC.
  • Boston College’s effort to prevent the Grad Students Union from holding its scheduled election in mid-September.
  • And ResLife permits Christmas spirit back into on-campus dorms year-round.

Some additional background reading…

Other ways to listen…

On your iPhone, iPad, or other Apple device: here’s the link. You can also search “eagle-eyed” in the iTunes Store to listen and subscribe.

On your Android device: Click here to listen and subscribe via Google Play, or here to listen via the RadioPublic app.

From your computer: Click play on the embedded player above. You can also navigate to bcheights.com/eagle-eyed to see the latest episodes.

We’d love your feedback on one of our first ventures into broadcast journalism. Send us an email at [email protected]. Tweet me at @AlecGreaney. Find us at McElroy Commons, Room 113.