Sports, Football

Richardson and Roberts Sign NFL Contracts

This offseason, four Boston College football players indicated their intent to continue onto the professional league, and as of Saturday, all four have signed NFL contracts. Hunter Long and Isaiah McDuffie were drafted on Friday and Saturday, respectively, and after the conclusion of the Draft on Saturday, Max Richardson and Max Roberts each signed contracts as undrafted free agents. 

Richardson signed with the Las Vegas Raiders, and Roberts will join the Los Angeles Rams. 

Richardson, a linebacker out of Duluth, Ga., was an All-ACC Third Team selection after the 2020 season. He finished second on the team and fourth in the ACC with 99 tackles for the year, including a team-leading eight tackles for loss. His 99 tackles—including a career-high 15 against Virginia Tech—placed him 11th in the nation in total tackles.

As a redshirt junior in 2019, he was an All-ACC Second Team selection after leading the Eagles with 108 tackles in 12 games. Richardson finished his BC career with 316 total tackles, including 104 for loss and 10 sacks. 

Roberts transferred to BC as a graduate of Maine in 2019. Prior to that, he played three seasons for Fordham. In one year with the Eagles, the defensive end recorded 22 total tackles, including six for loss and 4.5 sacks. 

While at Maine, he recorded 19 total tackles and four sacks in 11 appearances. At Fordham, he finished his career as a Ram with 74 tackles, 13.5 of which were for loss. 

Featured Image by Jess Rivilis / Heights Senior Staff