One staple dessert of any Southern Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner is pecan pie.
With its gooey, syrupy filling and crunchy, buttery crust, pecan pie is one of my favorite desserts to enjoy after a delicious holiday meal with my family. I’ve had many pecan pies at family holiday gatherings and celebrations, but this recipe outperforms the rest. As a chocolate lover, I can’t get enough of the way this recipe combines the best parts of a pecan pie—the salty pecans—with rich decadent chocolate chips.
Whether you are looking for a new recipe to test out this December or are a pecan pie lover like myself, this dish is sure to be a delicious addition to your holiday dessert spread.
DISH: Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cups chopped pecans
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon praline pecan liqueur
One unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Line a pie pan with the 9-inch pie shell.
- Chop pecans into bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped pecans into the pie shell.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs.
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 10-second intervals until butter is melted.
- Combine melted butter, sugar, corn syrup, beaten eggs, and praline pecan liqueur in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Let the pie cool. Slice and enjoy.