Lorde’s Flickering Kanye Remix, And More Singles This Week

Lorde, “Flicker” (Kanye West Rework)

Kanye brings his classic rawness to Lorde’s “Yellow Flicker Beat” in his rework of the song. He creates an even darker, more eerie sound to an already unsettling sound. Deep screeches, muffled elephant trumpets, and gong-like vibrations throughout create a steady hum as the listener holds on hungrily until the end.

Mark Ronson, “Uptown Funk,” Feat. Bruno Mars

Ronson is bringing it back with an old-school, retro groove. “Uptown” has this funky beat that works its way through you, from the tips of your hairs to the toes of your feet. A single listen can boost your mood, your self-esteem, and maybe even inspire some wanderlust to go back to the disco era.

Eminem, Big Sean, Royce Da 5’9,” Danny Brown, Dej Loaf, and Trick Trick, “Detroit Vs. Everybody”

Eminem is proud of Detroit. Royce Da 5’9” is, too. So are Big Sean, Danny Brown, Dej Loaf, and Trick Trick, apparently. There’s an unseen bond between these rappers—a respect for each other’s roots and careers, respectively. “Detroit vs. Everybody” is the hometown anthem that the city deserves.

Featured Image Courtesy of Republic Records