News, Top Story

BC at No. 32 in 2017 ‘U.S. News’ Rankings

U.S. News & World Report released its 2018 survey of colleges and universities on Tuesday, with Boston College falling by one place in its National University Rankings, going from No. 31 to No. 32. Its score of 70 out of 100, however, did not change.

U.S. News & World Report bases its rankings on graduation and retention rates; undergraduate academic reputation; faculty resources, student selectivity, financial resources; graduation rate performance; and alumni giving rate. These categories are weighted and used to create a numerical score out of 100, which is then used to create the rankings.

BC is now tied among national universities for No. 32 with the College of William & Mary, both directly behind the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and New York University with scores of 71. Behind BC are now Brandeis, Georgia Tech, and the University of Rochester, all tied for No. 34. Boston University sits five spots down from BC at No. 37. Georgetown University is No. 20.

The University now ranks at No. 34 in the Best Value Schools ranking among national universities, behind Carnegie Mellon University and ahead of Pepperdine University. Boston University comes in at No. 51.

Featured Image from Heights Archives

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “BC at No. 32 in 2017 ‘U.S. News’ Rankings”

1. And the year before that we were 30th. Not a good trend – starting to follow the same trends in athletics. The school will ignore this but had they gone up three notches to 27th instead – it would be all over their literature. This ranking is hugely important to the school whether we like it or not.