Two Minutes After Put on Sale, Plexapalooza Tickets Sell Out

Tuesday morning tickets for this year’s Plexapalooza went on sale at 8 a.m. through the Robsham box office. Two minutes later, the tickets were sold out, breaking previous sell-out time records. The Campus Activities Board announced Dec. 15 that The Chainsmokers will be the guest performers at the 2016 Plexapalooza.

Many upset students criticized the amount of tickets on the event’s Facebook page.

Already sold out by 8:02?

Posted by Patrick Phillips on Tuesday, January 19, 2016

“While we are happy to see that students are excited about this event, we understand the frustrations regarding the limited number of tickets,” Christine Cocce, CAB President and CSOM ’16, wrote in an email.

Cocce wrote that the maximum capacity of the venue is 1,800 people due to fire code and safety laws, and that all tickets were sold this morning. She explained that the standard policy of two tickets per student ID has always been in place for this event. Cocce wrote that CAB has already identified students online who are attempting to resell their tickets at a higher price. Those tickets will be void without refund, she wrote.

Tickets must be presented at the door and all tickets will be scanned upon entering the event, which will be held Jan. 29 at 8:30 p.m.

Photo Courtesy EDM Chicago